The education space is transforming at a great pace. Students want to study abroad due to favorable factors like easy access to a better quality of education, modern lifestyle, exploring a new culture, etc. The US has emerged as a hub for students coming from different countries to complete their higher education. An MS in the US is considered to be the best course globally.
Prerequisites of getting an admission in top US universities for MS
The admission process involves multiple steps. The most important prerequisite before pursuing an MS in US degree is to have a valid test score of the required standardized tests. Different colleges ask for different test scores. Also, your choice of the test to study abroad will largely depend on the course you want to take up. Some of the common tests taken by students are:
- GMAT – For Management courses
- GRE- For Social Science, Computer Sciences, Engineering and Management courses
- MCAT- For medical courses
- LSAT- For courses in Law
These test courses are then to be submitted to your choice of college. Also, you must complete your bachelor’s degree before moving to a different country. The degree certificate has to be submitted to the college of your choice.
In addition to your degree certificates, you will need the following documents for MS in US:
- Letters of Recommendation
- Admission test resulting, e.g., GMAT, GRE, etc.
- English Proficiency Test, e.g., TOEFL, IELTS, etc.
- A Statement of Purpose
Step by Step Guidance for applying for a Masters from top Universities in the US
Follow the following steps to apply for MS in US are:
- Select the MS degree you want to opt-in for.
- Choose the university you want to go into. Some of the most popular US universities include Harvard, Columbia, California State University, etc. Your test scores will also help in making a choice.
- Start applying directly to colleges through their websites.
- Make sure to have a valid test score for standardized tests like GMAT, GRE, etc.
- You can also apply to multiple colleges to increase your chances of getting admitted for MS in the US.
- Submit proof of English proficiency. You can also take an IELTS or TOEFL test.
- Language requirements play a very important role. Therefore make sure to take one of the tests.
- Collect all your transcripts for submission. These include:
- Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendations
How much time gap is accepted for study in the USA?
For MS in the US, a gap of one year is acceptable. However, there is no hard and fast rule for this. Some colleges even accept a gap of more than a year. The candidate should have sufficient proof to support the reasons for the break. Also, if the gap in education is due to an internship or job, you must present your experience certificate.
In case you have taken leave due to a medical emergency, presenting a medical certificate will help your cause. Some people also take a break to get themselves into recreational activities. You must have proof of that as well.
An MS in the US is no longer a dream. You can borrow from Leap Finance to finance your MS from the US. You can just visit our website and submit the form to borrow funds for your fee. Leap Finance provides loans at fixed rates in the range of 8-10%. Also, there is no need to mortgage any asset for these funds. The processing fee is quite minimal. The full amount gets sanctioned within 3 days!